Al Snow Wrestling Academy
World Class Trainers | Sports & Entertainment Education
For Immediate Release
March 13, 2020
LOUISVILLE, Ky— Adhering to local, state and national health warnings on efforts to fight the spread of COVID-19 Louisville based Ohio Valley Wrestling will temporarily suspend its weekly live television events.
OVW welcomes hundreds of fans every Tuesday night to the famed Davis Arena, located at 4400 Shepherdsville Road in Louisville, KY. The event airs live each week at 8pm on WBNA-TV.
With nearly 1100 episodes and more than 25 years on the air OVW TV is the longest running episodic professional wrestling series airing on local broadcast television in the United States. The series has been the training ground for some of sports entertainment’s biggest stars. OVW alumni include John Cena, Brock Lesnar and more than 150 others who went on to perform on the national stage.
“We have never missed a week of television and we won’t start now,” OVW Owner Al Snow said. “Our library is a treasure trove of wrestling and we are already hard at work putting together special editions of OVW TV that will lead up to our fan appreciation night.”
Fan Appreciation was originally scheduled for March 31st to coincide with OVW’s first national television taping in partnership with cable channel YouToo America. YTA will air OVW TV Friday nights at 9PST/12EST. The national broadcast will still debut April 3rd however due to the suspension of live events OVW’s Fan Appreciation will move to Tuesday April 7th. Admission is still free for the Fan Appreciation event.
“We couldn’t have reached this national milestone without the faithful fans of OVW, and their well-being along with the health and safety of our athletes and staff remains a top priority.”
This week OVW also suspended instruction at its training facility out of an abundance of caution due to the physical nature of in ring training and the manner in which the novel coronavirus is spread. At this time no in ring talent or staff member on our roster has tested positive for the virus.
“The Coronavirus is impacting education, entertainment and sports organizations across the country and OVW works in all three of these fields.” Snow said.
In 2019 the Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education accredited OVW as the nation’s first trade school for professional wrestling and sports entertainment broadcasting. The program combines in ring training with management, business, and TV production course-work.
Gain a Competitive Advantage!
- 985,000 Estimated Competitive Professional Wrestlers Globally
- 160,000 wrestlers competing in the United States
- 825,000 wrestlers competing Internationally
- 1,100 Licensed Professional Wrestlers in the State of Kentucky
- 86% of the active WWE Roster Trained or has had affiliation at one time with Ohio Valley Wrestling and the Al Snow Wrestling Academy and School for Sports Entertainment
- Only 1 State Accredited Trade School for Professional Wrestling and Sports Entertainment in the World
Enrollment is now open!
The Al Snow Wrestling Academy and School for Sports Entertainment focuses on an all encompassing approach to Wrestling and Sports Entertainment.
Students will learn:
- In Ring Training
- Strength and Conditioning
- TV and Multi-Media Production
- Creative Writing
- Event Management
- Social Media Management and Online Sales
- Business Management
- Personal Financial Management and Investment Strategies
- Personal Training Certification
Why is a Certification in Professional Wrestling and Sports Entertainment an essential tool for your success in your career in sport?
- A Certification allows you to know that you are one of the most well prepared professionals in the industry.
- A Certification will arm you with tools to succeed outside of the ring as well as inside of the ring. The chances of having a long lasting career behind the camera is a much better chance than you having one in front of it.
- A Certification will allow you to have all of the tools to start your own promotion
- A Certification will allow you to have all of the tools to pursue a career in Television broadcast and production
ASWA Combine, Draft & Placement
Performances will be judged on the proprietary Snow Scale™️
- ASWA produced the first ever formalized COMBINE for professional wrestling. Here, athletes will compete and be scored on the Snow Scale™️.
- Performances and scores utilized in the first-ever professional Sports DRAFT where many women have the same opportunity for the same job. All athletes have the same chance.
- The draft will determine your PLACEMENT, the chance for a scholarship and a timeline for professional career launch.
- Job Placement
Dear Combine Participants, We would like to thank all of you for participating in our first ever combine! We held our draft on Saturday, August 3, 2019. These are the individuals that were awarded scholarships:
ASWA Mission Statement
ASWA is an independent training and trade school facility serving the region, the nation and the world by educating talented, diverse students of many faiths, ages, nations and cultures and with respect for each individual’s intrinsic value and dignity. We educate our students through in-ring and all aspects of production and broadcast within which the students develop the moral, ethical and professional competencies for successful living, work, leadership and service to others. We achieve these goals in an educational environment committed to excellence, academic freedom, and authentic conversations not dominated by particular political or other narrow perspectives.
Here we seek to foster thoughtful informed consideration of serious ideas, values and issues – time-honored and contemporary, across a broad range of compelling concerns that are regional, national and international. By these means, Al Snow’s Wrestling Academy seeks to benefit the public interest, to help create the future and to further the art of physical storytelling, otherwise known as Pro-Wrestling/Sports Entertainment.